So. Many. Restaurants, Burlington! We asked for your suggestions about the best kept secrets, the hidden gems, the restaurants that everyone in Burlington should know about, and you gave us almost 60 choices! We know there are more, but if this list doesn’t give you a good place to start, then nothing will.
If you’ve got a hankering for something different and delicious and you don’t feel like cooking, Burlington Lifestyle’s comprehensive list of where to eat in Burlington has got you covered. You may never need to leave the city!
- The Alex – Specializing in small plate fine dining in the heart of downtown Burlington. 480 Brant Street.
- Amaya Express – Good quality Indian food, warm hospitality, and catering available. 489 Brant Street.
- August 8 – Enjoy all-you-can-eat or a la carte dim sum or sushi at this popular spot. 834 Brant Street.
- Baranga’s on the Beach – This spectacular location overlooking the lake (just west of Burlington) offers a fantastic Mediterranean menu and venue. A must-visit! 380 Van Wagner’s Beach Road.
- BlackTree – A touch of mystery surrounds this upscale hidden gem, with a menu that changes monthly. 3029 New Street.
- Bahn Thai – Authentic Thai cuisine with fresh ingredients for a real Thai experience. 4490 Fairview Street.
- Beaver & Bulldog Neighbourhood Taps + Grill – The neighbourhood’s prime gathering spot in a welcoming pub atmosphere. 2020 Lakeshore Road.
- Bombay Chutney – A truly Indian experience, with tandoori and curry dishes, a pretty fantastic butter chicken, and much more. 3450 Dundas Street West.
- Bombay Grill – The varied flavours of Indian cuisine come together with the careful blending of spices. 3480 Fairview Street.
- Boston Fish & Chips – Known for serving some of the best fish and chips in Burlington, as well as seafood and other local items, in a family-style atmosphere. 2501 Guelph Line.
- Carrigan Arms – There’s daily entertainment at Carrigan Arms, from poker to live music to karaoke and dancing and fantastic wings. 2025 Upper Middle Road.
- Charcoal Pit Restaurant – 2031 Lakeshore Road.
- D Hot Shoppe – Find “the best Roti in town and possibly this side of Trinidad,” along with plenty of other Caribbean favourites. 4155 Fairview Street.
- Di Mario’s Trattoria – Burlington’s own Little Italy serving authentic home cooked Italian cuisine. 1455 Lakeshore Road.
- Downtown Bistro & Grill – Fine dining in downtown Burlington with a great patio, close to Village Square. 441 Elizabeth Street.
- Emma’s Back Porch – A staple venue in downtown Burlington, rich in history and location – good food, good times, and great hospitality. (see Water St. Cooker #54). 2084 Old Lakeshore Road.
- Fraticelli’s Italian Grill & Bar – Creating a great Italian impression with Nonna Fraticelli’s recipes in north-east Burlington. 1860 Appleby Line.
- Funky Thai – Thai and Vietnamese fusion cuisine (located in Oakville, but convenient to Burlington). 2383 Dundas Street West.
- Harvest Table – Casual diner with homestyle cooking, generous servings, and reasonable prices. 3350 Fairview Street.
- Honey West Restaurant & Bar – Casual fine dining in a stylish but comfortable atmosphere, creating contemporary plates with an exotic flair. 399 Elizabeth Street.
- Ivy Bar + Kitchen – Upscale casual dining, cocktails, and weekend nightlife in a contemporary, cosmopolitan setting. 3330 South Service Road.
- Jake’s Grill & Oyster House – Fresh oysters and Canadian beef, served in a nautical setting. 950 Walker’s Line.
- Joe Dog’s Gas Grill – A family-oriented sports bar, known for their great burgers, great service, and great entertainment. 531 Brant Street.
- Judge & Jury – Your time will be well served at this welcoming British Pub in the north end of Burlington. 1222 Walker’s Line.
- Lakeshore Coffee House – Coffee, dessert, sandwiches, soups, salads, and quiche are served at this inviting spot across from the lake and enjoy their great jam nights. 2007 Lakeshore Road.
- Lettuce Love Cafe – Healthy, wholesome, gluten-free, and vegan food is served with love at Lettuce Love Cafe. 399 John Street.
- The Lord Nelson – Fine dining steakhouse, lobster, and seafood restaurant since 1974. 650 Plains Road East.
- Martini House – The elegance of fine dining with a cosy, down-home feeling. Come relax with one of their signature martinis. 437 Elizabeth Street.
- Melodia – Authentic dishes originating from the Mediterranean coast, in a great downtown location. 1445 Elgin Street.
- Mikado Japanese Restaurant – Enjoy a quick lunch or leisurely dinner of authentic Japanese food in a cosy atmosphere. 415 Elizabeth Street.
- Mount Royal Family Diner – Discover delicious breakfast and brunch at Mount Royal. 2029 Mount Forest Drive.
- Napoleon’s Steak & Seafood House – Gourmet meals and fine elegant dining for 27 years in Burlington. 3455 Fairview Street.
- Paradiso – Dinner is a show in their open-concept kitchen, where fresh, Mediterranean-inspired ingredients are featured, along with the popular Winemakers dinner. 2041 Pine Street.
- Pepperwood Bistro – On-premise brewed beers, fantastic cuisine, a stunning patio with lake views, and a cosy ambience make Pepperwood a must-try. 1455 Lakeshore Road.
- Piccadilly Cafe – Homestyle cooking with international flair in a warm and inviting cafe. 491 Brant Street.
- Pier 39 Fish & Chips – Known for their fish and chips, great service, and elegant setting. 3305 Fairview Street.
- QB Sports Bar & Grill – A family-friendly sports bar catering to both adult and kids’ sports teams. 4460 Fairview Street.
- The Queen’s Head – Self-proclaimed “Burlington’s best kept secret.” Experience a little bit of history in this downtown Burlington pub. 400 Brant Street.
- The Raging Olive – Mediterranean cuisine with bold twists and weekday drink specials. 3537 Fairview Street.
- Red Canoe Bistro – Seasonal, local, and regional modern Canadian cuisine, in an inviting dining room setting, Red Canoe has become a Burlington favourite. 398 John Street.
- Russell Williams Family Restaurant – This mom-and-pop award-winning restaurant has been delighting Burlingtonians for over 75 years. 20 Plains Road East.
- Sakai Japanese & Korean Restaurant – Sushi, sashimi, tempura and other authentic Japanese and Korean food. Fresh, fusion, family owned and operated. 4155 Fairview Street.
- Siam Dish – Authentic Thai cuisine with delivery available. 1477 Lakeshore Road.
- Son of a Peach Pizzeria – Neighbourhood pizzeria restaurant in downtown Burlington/Village Square. Love & Pizza! 2049 Pine Street.
- Spencer’s at the Waterfront – Breathtaking views, a heated patio, fabulous food, special events – Spencer’s is a destination in downtown Burlington. 1340 Lakeshore Road.
- Stinson Bistro Bar & Grill – Family-style platters, DJ entertainment, great events – all this and more in a charming historic building in Village Square. 417 Elizabeth Street.
- St. Louis Bar & Grill – A “devilishly good attitude” with superior wings and ribs. 450 Appleby Line.
- Stone House Restaurant – Mediterranean cuisine with private or semi-private rooms available for functions. 3106 South Service Road.
- Sushi Asano – Japanese cuisine and lounge, with over 200 choices of seafood, steak, and sushi. Eat in or bring something delicious home. 2020 Appleby Line.
- Symposium Cafe Restaurant & Lounge – An upscale, licenced, casual cafe in north-east Burlington. 2180 Itabashi Way.
- Test Kitchen – “Where innovation happens.” An ever-changing seasonal menu with an excellent value $10 lunch menu. 455 Brant Street.
- Thai Avenue – Thai-Viet cuisine in a newly-opened family business. An infusion of passion and creativity. 730 Guelph Line.
- Thai Coconut – Tranquil setting and warm Thai hospitality. 3455 Fairview Street.
- Thistle Fish & Chips – Perfectly cooked fish and chips with a loyal clientele at this Burlington staple. 3455 Fairview Street.
- Water St. Cooker – Rich in history, with stunning lake views and a to-die-for Sunday brunch. Connected to Emma’s Back Porch (see #16 above). 2084 Old Lakeshore Road.
- West Plains Bistro – A taste of Paris and a little European flair with exceptional bistro fare. 133 Plains Road.
- The Works Gourmet Burger Bistro – An infinite list of burger choices in a casual atmosphere. A great place to have fun with your food. 443 Brant Street.
- Ye Olde Squire – You’ll find a passion for fresh food, cooked from scratch, at Ye Old Squire. 3537 Fairview Street.
Now, who’s hungry? Get out and try a new restaurant this weekend!
Teresa Baerg is a writer, editor and self-confessed word-nerd who loves telling a good story. She is proud to call Burlington home for over a decade. She is passionate about her family, sunshine and palm trees, growing veggies, running and cycling, good books, good food and good coffee. And football.